Tweeners entertain our audience in between main stage set changes. We also offer the opportunity to perform on our Friday Greeter Stage and/or our Jam Tent, The Pickin’ Shack.
In keeping to Bluegrass traditions, our ‘Tweeners use a single omni condenser microphone which captures voice and instrument equally well. All-acoustic acts are our preference; this makes it very easy to walk up and play. There is limited space on the side stage, therefore we will select a variety of solo acts, duos and trios. Special consideration may be given to groups of four.
• Please fill out the attached form and click ‘submit’. If you need to send a file attachment such as an mp3, please forward to entertainm[email protected] by June 30th. If you have any related press, we’d love to see it as well. If you are unable to provide digital recordings or video but have an upcoming live performance, please provide details; we may be able to arrange for a member to attend.
• Due to circumstances that require us to submit backstage numbers well in advance of the festival, we are unable to accommodate additions to the band. For example, if you submit as a duo, you cannot perform as a trio on festival weekend.
• Please keep in mind, we are a Bluegrass and Old Time music festival. Preference may be given to submissions that are most representative of these genres.
• ‘Tweeners will be chosen by the Entertainment Committee, and successful groups will be notified as soon as possible. We expect a large number of submissions and sadly will have to make some tough choices.
Should you be chosen as a ‘Tweener:
• ‘Tweeners will receive a free weekend festival pass, one meal ticket per day and backstage cantina access for the weekend per member. Accommodations, guest passes and transportation are not provided.
• Acts will be asked to perform 1 to 3 sets as ‘Tweeners on stage and may also be requested to perform on our Greeter stage or in our Jam Tent in addition to their stage performances.
• Please be prepared to present anywhere from 1-4 songs per ‘Tweener set depending on the length of your songs and the length of setup time required for the Main Stage bands. A good rule is to be prepared for 10-20 minutes and to have a minimum of four songs ready.
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.