Greetings from Prince Albert National Park,
Wednesday will mark the official first day of summer! There are lots of updates as we near July. Feel free to share with colleagues, tourism partners, and the public.
Nature Centre Grand Re-Opening – Saturday, June 24 at 10:00 a.m.
· Celebrate the Grand Re-Opening of the Prince Albert National Park Nature Centre on June 24 at 10:00 a.m. in the Waskesiu townsite!
· Experience brand-new highly interactive exhibits and hands-on learning for all-ages, and join us for refreshments and remarks from our Superintendent.
· Discover the cultural and natural heritage of Prince Albert National Park with new, modern exhibits in the beautiful setting of a recognized federal heritage building.
Canada Day Celebrations – Less than two weeks away!
· A full day of family fun to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation – the day starts with a pancake breakfast, then a colourful parade followed by a flag raising ceremony and cupcakes. Activities continue throughout the afternoon and into the evening with live music, children’s programs, face-painting, and a cabaret.
· Free entry for Canada 150! Celebrate with a free Discovery pass for 2017. Be sure to arrive early to avoid line-ups at the gates.
· Take photos and capture your Canada Day memories using a C150 hand-held frame! Make sure you share your photo on Twitter using #PrinceAlbertNP for a chance to be featured on the @ParksCanada_SK Twitter account!
Interpretive Activities begin Friday, June 30
Musicals, hands-on crafts, and sing-alongs are only some of the activities available as part of this year’s Summer Programs! Click the link below for more details: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/sk/princealbert/activ/decouverte-tours
Friends of Prince Albert National Park - Celebrating Indigenous Film, June 23-24 @ Twin Pines Theatre
· Free admission to each film, donations welcome.
· Films by Alethea Arnaquq-Baril, Shane Belcourt, Tasha Hubbard, Gail Maurice, Alex Lazarowich, Candy Renae Fox, Janine Windolph, Michelle St. John
· Check out the Celebrating Indigenous Film Facebook event for more: https://www.facebook.com/events/1443239525736691/?acontext=%7B%22action_...
Plan Ahead - Camping in Peak Season
Whether you prefer Beaver Glen or Red Deer campground, planning ahead is one of the best ways to make the most of your camping experience. Visit the Parks Canada Reservation Service online https://reservation.pc.gc.ca/ChooseLanguage.aspx or call 1-877-RESERVE to pre-book your site for June!
The Visitor Centre is OPEN DAILY 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and can answer any questions: (306) 663-4522 OR [email protected]
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.