A blanket of snow has just fallen and the park is as wintry as ever! Picture-perfect and lots to explore by skis and snowshoes. Here are some updates and reminders for the winter season. Please feel free to share with colleagues, tourism partners, and the public. Attached photo can be shared on social channels with © Parks Canada.
Reserve your campsite – January 12, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
- Ready, set, reserve! Prince Albert National Park is a premiere family-camping destination in Saskatchewan. Plan early and reserve your favourite campsite in Beaver Glen or Red Deer campgrounds, or in one of the oTENTiks beginning January 12 at 8:00 a.m.!
Parks Canada Campground Reservation Service:
Free youth entry for 2018!
- In 2018 and beyond, Parks Canada will make discovering nature and connecting with our history easier and more affordable for families with free admission for youth 17 and under!
SAVE THE DATE! Waskesiu Snow Days - February 16-25, 2018
- Winter break is right around the corner and we have exciting things planned so families can get outdoors and enjoy a number of winter programs and activities in the park:
- Come cross-country ski, snowshoe, ice fish, and ice skate indoors!
- Do some amazing stargazing and warm up by fire in an indoor shelter.
- Bring the family to a program to learn traditional survival skills, make a craft, and start building your own survival kit.
Cross-Country Ski Trails
- Visitors can enjoy several groomed ski trails this winter, thanks to volunteers of the Waskesiu Lake Ski Club Inc. Follow the link to learn more about our ski trails and where to check the Trail Report:
Visitor Centre Hours January 1 to May 18, 2018
Open Monday to Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday:
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.